VET Student Loans is a scheme provided by the Australian Government to enable eligible full-fee paying students the opportunity to apply for a loan. Such a loan is to aid in the payment of part of a student’s tuition fees. This scheme is an extension of the FEE-HELP scheme (currently applicable to higher education students) and extends to students studying one or more of the following vocational training courses:
- Advanced Diploma
- Graduate Certificate
- Graduate Diploma
2019 Vet Student Loan Information, Enrolments & Schedules
VET Student Loan Information Booklet
VET Student Loan Information Booklet for Students 2019
Fact sheet – VET Student Loans
VET Student Loan Fact Sheet for Students
Schedule of VET Student Loan tuition fees – 2018/2019:
What is needed to be eligible for VET Student Loan assistance?
To be eligible for VET Student Loan assistance for a VET unit of study, a student must:
- be an Australian citizen, NZ Special Categories Visa (SCV) holder who meets eligibility criteria, or a permanent humanitarian visa holder (resident in Australia for the duration of the unit);
- have a Unique Student Identification (USI) number or are otherwise exempt;
- have a FEE-HELP balance greater than zero – that is, they have not exceeded their FEE-HELP limit;
- be enrolled in a VET unit of study that meets the course requirements;
- be enrolled in the VET unit of study on or before the census date for the unit and remain enrolled at the end of the census date;
- meet the Tax File Number (TFN) requirements;
- two days after enrolment has passed you will receive an invitation to accept your student load from the Department of Education and will be required to complete, accept and lodged a Request for VET Student Loan assistance form called an eCAF.
If you are interested in applying for a course approved for a VET Student Loan, you must:
- contact the academy to make an appointment to enrol; it takes about 20 minutes.
- read the VET Student Loan – Student Information Booklet
- provide your Australian Year 12 Certificate OR provide successful completion of an AQF Certificate IV or higher qualification (where the language of instruction is English) OR
- displaying competence at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) in both reading and numeracy through a CSPA (Core Skills Profile for Adults) LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy) assessment.
- bring the original and a photocopy of your citizenship evidence and photo identification to enrolment. This may be your Birth Certificate and Driver’s Licence or Australian Passport**
** an Australian Passport is suitable evidence of Australian citizenship. If you do not have an Australian Passport, the evidence required to demonstrate that you are an Australian citizen will differ depending on whether you were:
- born in Australia before 20 August 1986 – Australian Birth Certificate for you required
- born in Australia on or after 20 August 1986 – Australian Birth Certificate for both yourself and one of your parent’s Australian Birth Certificate or Australian Citizenship Certificate
* Where you cannot provide the above you should apply for these documents by lodging Form 119 Application for evidence of Australian citizenship
VET Student Loan Information