Laser Safety License
In QLD the Radiation Safety Act 1999 requires everyone who operates a IPL/Laser Equipment to hold an appropriate licence issued by Queensland Health. On successful completion of a theory based, written assessment you will be issued with a Government Accredited License certifying you have the appropriate skills and knowledge of the principles and practices of radiation protection, as well as expertise in the use of the radiation apparatus. Under the Act, laser apparatus is considered to be radiation apparatus.
Benefits of Completing the License
- Hold the required Qld Health Legislation
- Reduce risk and gain suitable insurances
- Gain credibility and confidence from your clients
The QLD Health Laser Safety Licence is delivered via correspondence. The curriculum consists of a workbook with an assignment based assessment. The time commitment most students require is 2 to 3 hours per week over a 4-week period.
The course costs $299.00 and the entire amount must be paid upfront to enrol in the unit. The course cost includes workbook, assessment material, administration fees, enrolment costs and all learning materials for the completion of the certificate which is provided through a link to a supported online learning management system (LMS) as soon as payment is made.
- Laser and Light Physics
- Operational characteristics of lasers & IPL apparatus
- Understanding how light energy interacts with skin and hair
- Parameters that effect the delivery of light
- Current standards, regulations and guidelines
- IPL and laser risk assessment and management
- Acceptance, Quality Assurance Testing & Preventative maintenance
- Laser Safety Administrative requirements
- Procedures & Protocols
- Reporting & Documentation
|SIBBHRS705A||Apply intense pulsed light and laser safety protocols|